If you find yourself in the crossover 14-20 sizes and are struggling to choose between the Rowan & Rowan Curve patterns, I thought it might help to provide a visual comparison between them! Today I’ll be sharing a diagram comparing a size 18 from our 0-20 range shown in blue to the size 18 in the Curve range as shown in pink. As there are a number of pattern pieces I have only demonstrated key pattern pieces for an overall snapshot of differences.
As with all of our patterns, the Rowan pattern is drafted for a B cup whereas the Rowan Curve is based on our Curve block which is drafted for a D cup.
The Curve pattern is drafted with the same style and design details but with a curvy figure in mind. Key differences for the Curve patterns beyond cup size include a higher waistline, more ease in the bicep and bodice, and a longer crotch.
If you find yourself in the crossover of the two ranges in sizes 14-20 we recommend that you choose your pattern based on your cup size and personal ease preferences.
Both patterns come with the same excellent variations and all our tutorials and add-on ideas can be applied to either!
LOOKING FOR MORE ROWAN POSTS?
- How to choose between Rowan & Rowan Curve (this post!)
- Inspiration and ideas for sewing your Rowan
- Rowan Pattern tester Roundup
- Rowan Curve Pattern Tester Roundup
- Rowan Curve Maker Roundup
- How to stabilise fabric with tissue paper
- How to lengthen or shorten the pattern
- How to sew a V-neck on knit fabric
- How to insert a neck back with a regular sewing machine
- How to sew a snap crotch bodysuit
- Pattern Hack: How to Add Ruffle Shoulders
- Pattern Hack: Rowan maxi dress variation
- Pattern Hack: Scoop neckline variation
- Pattern Hack: Bodycon Dress
- Pattern Hack: 3 Ways to Sew Ringer Tee
- Pattern Hack: Tiered Gathered Dress
We’d love to see what you’re creating from the Rowan bodysuit and tee pattern or the Rowan Curve bodysuit and tee pattern! Don’t forget to tag your creations #MNRowan and @megannielsenpatterns to share what you’ve been working on, and check out what everyone else is up to!