Hey everyone! It’s Holly again. You know what that means? It’s time to start up our next sewalong! I’m so excited to help walk you through making your Cottesloe swimsuits.
If you’ve never made swimwear before and are worried about it being hard – Seriously, don’t worry! I had never made swimwear before this, and it turns out it’s actually super easy. Construction is very simple with Cottesloe because it’s such a classic shape. We will be breaking up this sewalong by View/Style, and then go over elastic insertion for all at the end. Easy peasy.
Here’s the full list of Cottesloe posts and tutorials coming up:
- Pattern Tester Round-up
- Inspiration + Ideas
- Where to Find Swimsuit Fabric
- View B Full Suit Construction (+ Optional Lining)
- View A Full Suit Construction with Shelf Bra and Ties
- Views C & D Bikini Construction
- Basic Elastic Insertion for All Views
- Waistband and Underband Elastic Insertion for Views C & D
If you have any ideas for posts you’d like included, please let us know in the comments!
Don’t have the Cottesloe sewing pattern yet?! Order Cottesloe today! We absolutely love seeing what you make, so don’t forget to tag your creations with #MNcottesloe and @megannielsenpatterns when sharing on social media, and check out what everyone else is up to!