Heading into colder weather is always so exciting, pulling out sweaters and coats, boots and favourite woollens. The Jarrah Sweater is the perfect layering piece for the in between seasons and so incredibly versatile. We’re in love! We’ve pulled together some of our favourite looks and inspiration to show you just how many options there are for this gorgeous sweater.
- Go up a size to add more slouch to your sweater. Just make sure the neckband fits well around your neck and adjust if necessary.
- Choose a lighter weight fabric like french terry in your usual size to get a roomier feel.
- Include a high split hem to show your jeans/pants underneath, it’ll give some shape to your look!
Jarrah is such a great basic pattern, there’s so many ways to make it your own and add little details to customise.
- Create an extremely high split hem and wear a contrasting colour underneath or leave bare.
- Thicker bands at the wrist and base of the sweater or combining a split hem with a thick ribbed band at the base give the sweater a different look.
- Add a pocket on the front for a fun detail.
- Extend the length to make a sweater dress!
Adding a funnel neck is such a fun way to make your sweater even cosier. Play around with the length & width of the funnel to see if you can create different looks.
- Shorten your Jarrah to create a cute cropped version and wear with high waisted jeans, skirts or even shorts and sneakers!
- Add in a flared or balloon sleeve to balance out the short sweater.
- Create a cropped sweater with a large band at the base to give the illusion of a crop without baring the midriff.
The beautiful thing about the Jarrah pattern is it can be just as easily dressed up for a more glamorous fancy look. Pair with a lightweight flowy skirt and heels for a feminine look or a structured pencil skirt for a work day.
// LOOKING FOR MORE JARRAH POSTS? //
Here’s the full list of Jarrah posts and tutorials:
- Pattern Tester Round-up
- Inspiration + Ideas (this post!)
- How to Lengthen the Pattern
- Neckband and Funnel Neckline
- Sleeves with Cuffs (A&C)
- Split Sleeve and Curved Hem (B&D)
- Hem Band (A)
- Tie Hem (C)
Don’t have the Jarrah sewing pattern yet?! Order Jarrah today! We absolutely love seeing what you make, so don’t forget to tag your creations with #MNjarrah and @megannielsenpatterns when sharing on social media, and check out what everyone else is up to!