Menu
Handmade Wardrobe / Inspiration

Maxed Out

I’m kind of shocked by this – but my husband loves this skirt. I think this is the first maxi anything I’ve ever heard him say he likes. This makes me very happy :) I think i will now proceed to make 3.

Now here’s the question, would you like a tutorial?

Skirt: Megan Nielsen
Tank: Witchery
Cropped Cardi: Witchery
Belt: Jcrew
Shoes: c/o Wanted
Necklace: Vintage via Ebay
Bangles: Vintage family heirloom from my MIL, 2 from my parents and 1 from Chris
Watch: DIY, get the tutorial here

About Author

Meg is the Founder and Creative Director of Megan Nielsen Patterns, and is constantly dreaming up ideas for new sewing patterns and ways to make your sewing journey more enjoyable! She gets really excited about design details and is always trying to add way too many variations to our patterns.

Notify of
guest
19 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
The Little Wife
10 years ago

I would love a tutorial!

Trudy Callan
10 years ago

I don’t know what it is, but there something different about this skirt compared to the other maxi skirts. I just can’t pinpoint it that makes it work. It may the material. It has just the right amount of fullness to it. It looks very elegant on you. This one is certainly a winner. Sure. A tutorial would be great.

alissa reid
alissa reid
10 years ago

Oh absolutely :) You look fantastic! I am so gonna make one!
I second Trudy’s comment. There is something different about this skirt. Hope I can replicate it :)

Casey
10 years ago

So pretty! What sort of fabric did you use? I made a “quick and dirty” maxi recently out of some jersey and *love* it… I pretty much wear it as my “lounge around the house” outfit with a cute top. ;) hehe.

Lauren
10 years ago

Like Trudy said, there’s something about this skirt that makes it the perfect maxi! I love how it looks so floaty and light, while being so long! So beautiful!

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman

Oh, yes yes yes…it’s so lovely…

Lo Hood
10 years ago

I would absolutely love a tutorial…I made my own green velvet one but it definitely needed tweeking! I love maxi’s so much and this looks so lovely on you! :) -Lo

ilene
10 years ago

love that maxi skirt! it so pretty. :)

Tracey
Tracey
10 years ago

I just discovered your website – your designs are gorgeous :) I would definitely love a tutorial for this skirt!

Amy
Amy
10 years ago

I only just discovered that I am not too short for maxi skirts and yours is perfect! A tutorial would be a dream :)

Kris
Kris
10 years ago

I would love a skirt tutorial, thank you. :)

ellie
10 years ago

Yes please! My husband never likes maxi anything and I’m dying to wear the trend. I have high hopes for this!

Jenn

Kyla
10 years ago

LOVE this maxi skirt! I’m been wanting to make one for myself – they’re SO easy. I think you may have just convinced me :)

Orchid Grey
10 years ago

Megan, you look lovely! I love the maxi skirt on you and that sweet little belt just makes it!

trackback

[…] coming up this week on the blog, including the tutorial for how to make my jersey maxi skirt (seen here and here), and then we’ll have a chat about what this was all […]

trackback

[…] so happy you all liked the maxi skirt i made a few weeks ago! As promised I’ve put together a little tutorial on how you can make […]

Lydia
Lydia
8 years ago

Hello Megan, i love your skirts and would really like to see your tutorial. please could you let me know where to find it?

thank you so much.