Most of the time I share my makes on me, but for something a little different today I thought I’d show you the details of one of my recent makes!
Warm weather has come to Perth, and as soon as that happened it became immediately apparent to me that I didn’t have enough shorts. Which in our heat is a bit of a tragedy. I went hunting through my stash and found enough of this gorgeous striped linen from one of our Wattle skirt samples and decided it would make the perfect pair of Flint shorts!
Then something terrible happened. The obsessive pattern matcher in me went kind of nuts, and I found myself unable to compromise. This went from a quick “oh i need some shorts” to “MUST MATCH EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE” in about 30 seconds flat.
Since the stripe of this linen is directional, i had to be really careful with my cutting layout to make sure that everything lined up. As much as possible I tried to keep the seams lined up and I’m pretty happy with the side seams and crotch seams.
I also got a bit weird about matching the pocket bags…sorry not sorry. For the pocket lining I use some linen scraps that were close to my skin tone because I ran out of fabric, and I’m happy with this decision because they work with and don’t fight the garment.
When this level of pattern matching obsession happens I start to wonder if enjoying pattern matching is a blessing or a curse hehe. But if I’m really honest – I’m very happen that I took so much care with these shorts. I know I would have been really upset every time I saw them if they weren’t quite right. Stupid perfectionism!
I have worn these so much already and I enjoy them even more knowing how much time and love went into all the details. Now if you notice any mistakes, i beg you, please don’t tell me, i’ll probably have a mental break down ;)