Now it’s time to add those little details for views A, C, & E of the Hovea jacket! The process is the same as we went over for the ties and hangloop on views B, D & F, but I will go over it again here in case you skipped that post since you are not making those views. If you are lining your jacket, make sure you add the lining first before the ties and hang loop. And of course, you can skip the hang loop and ties if you want!
Fold each tie in half with right sides together.
Sew each ties together 1/4″ from the raw edge.
Using a loop turner or other turning tool, turn each tie the right way around. Press each tie.
Finish one raw short end of each tie by folding it under 1/4″….
and then folding it under again 1/4″…
And then topstitching close to the fold.
Place the ties on the neckline opening so that they are aligned with the top edge of the pockets.
Staystitch in place just under 3/8″ from the edge.
Fold the hang loop in half, right sides together.
Sew 1/4″ from the raw edge along the long side, just like with the ties.
Use a loop turner or other turning tool to turn the hang loop right side out.
And then fold the edges of the hang loop upwards so that you create a little U shape which is roughly 1 1/8” wide and 1” tall.
Mark the center back of your jacket. (If you are making a lined jacket, do this after you’ve attached the lining. Here you see it on a unlined jacket).
Place the hang loop on the centre back neckline (on the inside of the jacket) and pin in place.
Stitch in place just under 3/8” from the raw edge.
| LOOKING FOR MORE HOVEA POSTS? |
Here’s the full list of Hovea inspiration and ideas:
- Inspiration & Ideas for Hovea
- Hovea Tester Roundup
- Hovea Curve Tester Roundup
- Hovea Planning Template
- Traditional Korean Textile Arts with Youngmin Lee
- Beginner Quilting concepts with The Weekend Quilter
- Top 10 tips from a quilters first journey into Me Made Clothing with Shannon Fraser
- Introduction to Indian Kantha Quilting with Manjari Singh
- Simple Log Cabin patchwork tutorial with Scribbly Gum Quilting Co
- Wholecloth quilting with Natalie Ebaugh
- Introduction to Japanese textiles and embroidery with Mari Yamada
- How to make a patchwork quilt design without a pattern with Broadcloth Studio
- Modern Quilting with Porfiria Gomez
- Making a patchwork jacket with leftover fabric
Here’s the full list of Hovea tutorials & Hacks:
- Sewalong | How to Choose Between Hovea & Hovea Curve
- Sewalong | Common Hovea pattern alterations
- Sewalong | Quilting prep
- Sewalong | Quilting Design & Planning
- Sewalong | Machine quilting
- Sewalong | Tips for making a patchwork jacket from scrap fabrics
- Sewalong | Basic Binding Method for quilt coats
- Sewalong | Pockets and Seams Quilted Views BDF
- Sewalong | Inset Sleeves Quilted Views BDF
- Sewalong | Final Finishes Quilted View BDF
- Pattern Hack | Tips for making Hovea reversible
- Pattern Hack | Sewing a Hovea Dressing gown
- Pattern Hack | How to make a quilt coat from a vintage bed quilt
- Sewalong | Unlined pockets Views ACE
- Sewalong | Lined pockets Views ACE
- Sewalong | Flat Sleeve Insertion Views ACE
- Sewalong | Ties & Hang Loop Views ACE (this post!)
- Sewalong | Hemming Unlined Views ACE
- Sewalong | Full Lining Views ACE
- Sewalong | Collar band Views ACE
- Sewalong | Belt & Belt Loops Views ACE
Don’t have the pattern yet?!