My friends I am thrilled to announce that I am re-releasing my much loved and out-of-print-for-a-very-long-time Banksia blouse sewing pattern!
This pattern as originally released was one of my very first and as such was drafted using a different fit model and block than I currently use. As much as i love the original pattern I think it’s really important to maintain consistent fit and sizing across my range, and the pattern as it stood wasn’t consistent with the rest of my patterns. So I decided to redraft this design and in doing so was able to add in two new variations and update the instructions to be even better than before!
Banksia is a loose fit woven blouse with optional placket and collar. The pattern features two sleeve lengths, shaping darts at the bust, partial button placket and peter pan collar. Version 1 is a woven tee style blouse with scoop neckline and short sleeves. Version 2 is a blouse with a button placket and above elbow sleeves. Version 3 is a blouse with peter pan collar and button placket.
It’s a really versatile blouse pattern with so much opportunity to add your own ideas, and if you’ve been following my blog for a while you’ll know that I love my Banksia’s and wear them over and over.
We’ve also updated our Banksia sewalong so if you need some help sewing your blouse, there are very detailed posts to guide you through every step of construction, and there are even tutorials for bonus variations!
// BANKSIA SEWALONG TUTORIALS //
- Pattern Alterations: How to turn the pattern into a dress
- Pattern Alterations: Altering bust dart height
- Pattern Alterations: Bust adjustments (FBA and SBA)
- Pattern Alterations: Lengthen the sleeves
- Pattern Alterations: Drafting different collars
- Pattern Alterations: Alter the pattern for stretch fabrics
- Sewing: Darts & Seams (All)
- Sewing: Basting & Placket prep (V2 & V3)
- Sewing: Attaching the collar (V3)
- Sewing: Collarless versions (V1 & V2)
- Sewing: How to sew a placket (V2 & V3)
- Sewing: How to sew a placket the easier way (V2 & V3)
- Sewing: How to sew a faux placket (V2 & V3)
- Sewing: Woven tee without placket (V1)
- Sewing: How to insert a sleeve (All)
- Sewing: Flat sleeve insertion (Bonus!)
- Sewing: Hemming (All)
- Sewing: Sleeveless version (Bonus!)
- Sewing: Long sleeved version (Bonus!)
- Sewing: Dress version (Bonus!)
- Sewing: Jersey version (Bonus!)
I’ll be sharing a roundup of all the pattern tester makes in a few days, so stay tuned because they are absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to share!
I’m really thrilled with this updated pattern, and I really hope you love it as much as I do!I literally can’t wait to see what you do with this pattern! Don’t forget to tag your creations with #MNbanksia and @megannielsenpatterns when sharing on social media, and check out what everyone else is up to!
If you have bought the pattern already, you can get it in store here, and if you have any questions at all, please let me know in the comments!
PS // If you purchased the original Banksia pattern a few years ago, then you should have already received a complimentary copy of the updated PDF pattern by email. If you haven’t received that email yet, or if you purchased the original Banksia through one of our awesome retailers, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure you get a copy of the updated pattern.