My dears today we finish your Flint pants or shorts! This pattern includes a wide hem to add body to the hemline, however other hemming methods are possible if desired. If choosing a narrower hem you will need to shorten the pants or shorts by the difference between the included hem intake and your chosen hem.
Fold in ½” (1cm) along the hemline and press well.
Fold in 2” (5cm) along the hemline once more and press well.
Topstitch just under 2” (5cm) from the folded edge all the way around the hem. If you find there is a little excess fabric on the inside fold, just pinch it, fold it down and sew right over it (near a seam is my favourite place), and it won’t be noticeable from the outside of the garment.
Press well and wear your new Flint pants or shorts with pride!
LOOKING FOR MORE FLINT POSTS?
Here’s the full list of Flint tutorials:
- 5 ways to transfer pattern markings to fabric
- How to lengthen or shorten the pattern
- How to remove release tucks and convert to a flat front
- Inspiration, fabric ideas and optional ideas for customising your pattern
- Release tucks and darts
- Pockets with side opening
- Sewing seams
- Sewing the tie waistband View B & View D
- Sewing the button up waistband View A & View C
- Hemming (covered in this post!)