Ever since releasing the Maker tee last year, I’ve had so so many requests to extend the sizing and add an option for the men who make things too. I took that as a great chance to create an entirely new Maker tee with a more unisex design and larger size range. Now you can get a Maker tee for you or a friend or the man in your life! I am seriously beyond happy with how it turned out, and am so happy to be able to share it with you today!
THE DESIGN + VISION
Much like the original Maker tee (which i loooove and will continue to be available in store indefinitely) i turned to talented typography artist Jasmine Dowling to design the slogan. Gosh that girl is talented. I don’t know how she manages to nail the brief first time every time!
As this design is unisex the tee fits differently than the original maker tee. It has a straighter standard tee shape, a higher neckline and boxier sleeves.
And as with the original Maker tee and my Yes I sew tote bags – this tee is also manufactured through Freeset. Part of my ongoing goal of supporting humanitarian efforts through my brand. All proceeds from these products are directly reinvested in new stock so that I can continue to support their business in a sustainable real way. Check out my original posts here and here to read more about my vision. But right now, I feel like this venture has been a real success! This is our third design manufactured through Freeset, and i hope to continue to release more.
Other than that, here are a few of the boring (ha!) details you may like to know.
- These tees have unisex sizing, so the sizes run a little larger than the standard Megan Nielsen Sizing. My husband Chris usually wears a mens medium in most brands, and he wears a medium in these tees. I wear a size small in the original Maker tee , and find I like to wear an XS during the day, and a M to sleep in (is now a good time to admit i like to steal Chris’ tees?). Our model Ashleigh usually wears an XS and is wearing an XS in these photos (as that was the smallest size available) and as you an see there is a comfy loose fit on her. So my recommendation is that if you want a loose fit, choose the size label that you would normally choose, if you want a closer fit, choose the size that corresponds to your actual measurements.
- Sizes run XS – XXXL, Busts 37-59″ / 94-150cm (that’s four sizes larger than my patterns!). I have ordered every size they have available hehe
- This is a product i plan on continuing indefinitely – if your size is sold out you should see the option to preorder a tshirt, which means that it will be about 4 weeks away from being delivered to you. If it’s not working give us a holla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- They are super soft organic cotton, and can be laundered as a regular tee. I am a little more careful with mine because i love it so much – so i wash cool and hang to dry (no tumbledrying for me)
*Giveaway is now closed, and two winners have been chosen, thanks to everyone who entered!*
And now to something really fun! To celebrate the launch of the new Unisex Maker tee I’m having a little giveaway!
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below :) That’s it! (It doesn’t matter where in the world you live, everyone can enter)
And as with previous giveaways i’ve had – you can get additional entries by:
- Following me on Instagram (+1)
- Posting on Instagram and tagging @megannielsenpatterns (+1)
- Signing up for the store newsletter (+1)
- Sharing on your blog (+1)
- Pin it (+1)
- Following on twitter (+1)
- Tweeting about it (+1)
- Liking us on Facebook (+1)
- Mentioning on Facebook (+1)
For each additional entry, please leave an extra comment below (that way i won’t leave any entries out).
Entries close midnight August 30th. I’ll announce TWO winners (chosen at random) on Weds the 31st!
I really hope you gals love this tee as much as I do, and as always, thank you so much for supporting this project.