Following on from my last post, there was such a great response to sharing the in-progress-not-quite-right side of designing, that i thought you might enjoy seeing another design that didn’t turn out as planned on first go. I drafted these pants for Buddy, and when i tried them on him i found that i had included too much ease. They were just too baggy in every way. I was upset because i didn’t want to adjust the pattern, i was tired, and had used up all my freetime for a few days on them. BOO> But then Bunny declared she loved them, tried them on, and low and behold they are perfect for her. The fit is exactly what i had wanted for Buddy. Cue angels singing, and happy smiles all over.
Which of course leaves me in a really nice situation, i know where to go from here. Now i know the size I drafted is actually perfect for her measurements, and i can grade down to get Buddy’s size. Easy as pie. It doesn’t normally work out this well, so i kind of happy danced afterwards!
So for now, until i find some time to grade the pattern down for Buddy, i know someone will be enjoying these lovely pants! I might even make Bunny another pair with heart knee patches, as the last heart patch pants i made for her were so well loved (read: worn to death).