Menu
From The Workroom / News & Updates

Megan Nielsen Maternity Collection Lookbook!!

You guys! i’m so excited to finally be able to share with you the lookbook for my maternity sewing patterns! It’s been a long time coming and lots and lots of work – but i’m so thrilled to finally put all these pieces together in a lookbook!

We all had such a blast working on these shots – and i think the fun of the day really shows through. I really love it when everything comes together perfectly. And seriously, could our model be more perfect? i think not – she rocked it!

I really can’t wait to hear what you think!! i’m just so excited to share them with you all!! I really hope you enjoy them!! i know i already said that but i’m just that excited hehehehe Eeeeek! *excitable shrieking!*

ok evidently i need to calm down… i’ll go get a coffee now hehehe

Please feel free to share them, pin them, whatever!

Meg XOXO

Megan Nielsen Perfect Nursing Top sewing pattern MN1001 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1001 Megan Nielsen Perfect Nursing & Maternity top sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen Pina dress & top sewing pattern MN1002 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1002 Megan Nielsen Pina dress & top sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen wrapped maternity top sewing pattern MN1003 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1003 Megan Nielsen Wrapped maternity top sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen Nursing & Maternity Lingerie set sewing pattern MN1004 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1004 Megan Nielsen Nursing & Maternity lingerie set sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen Rie dress & top sewing pattern MN1005 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1005 Megan Nielsen Rie dress & top sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen Ruched maternity tshirt sewing pattern MN1006 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1006 Megan Nielsen Ruched maternity tshirt sewing pattern]

Megan Nielsen ruched maternity skirt sewing pattern MN1008 // @megan_nielsen[SHOP: MN1008 Megan Nielsen ruched maternity skirt sewing pattern]

[Credits]

Model: Holly Matthews // Chadwicks
Photographer: Ebony Frost // Ebony Frost Photography
Floral arrangments: c/o Sarah Cooper // Rose & Pearl Events
Hair & Makeup: Emma Schroeder // Milla Makeup
Styling & shoot assist: Yvette Brownlie
Designs & styling: Megan Nielsen

A very very big thank you to everyone involved!!

About Author

Meg is the Founder and Creative Director of Megan Nielsen Patterns, and is constantly dreaming up ideas for new sewing patterns and ways to make your sewing journey more enjoyable! She gets really excited about design details and is always trying to add way too many variations to our patterns.

Notify of
guest
47 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Blogless Anna
9 years ago

No wonder you are so excited Meg, it looks awesome. Must set to work on making some of these patterns for my sister-in-law.

Ruth
9 years ago

Ah-mazing! These photographs (and garments) look great! Such a good job!!! Congrats!

Ginger
9 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! What great photos! Well done– I can’t believe you guys shot all these in your three-hour window!

Kelly
9 years ago

Wow, she is gorgeous and the styling is perfect! I wish I would have had these when I was pregnant, they are all great!

Roz
Roz
9 years ago

Eeeek! This is so wonderful Meg – such lovely photos!! Well done you!

sallie
9 years ago

Wow!!! What a beautiful shoot!! The model is just gorgeous and I LOVE the styling! Well done Megan and team!! This almost makes me want to get knocked-up just so I can copy all these cute looks! Haha!! At least I know where I’ll be going should that time ever come around!

Signe
Signe
9 years ago

Beautiful styling ;) your clothes is so modern and fresh

Adventures in Dressmaking

These are amazing!! I won’t be needing them for several years, but will definitely want to try them when I do!! You seem to have done an awesome job with fit and how they lay! Must be hard to do, but total success!!

Kirsty
9 years ago

They look so great Megan! Makes me clucky just looking at them :)

Jennifer
9 years ago

Oh wow! These look amazing!! You have every right to be thrilled. Outstanding job. I know exactly whose patterns I’ll be ordering when that time comes (as if I didn’t know already ;)

Stephanie
Stephanie
9 years ago

I’ve said it before and I will say it again! I can’t wait to be pregnant!

Curry Made
9 years ago

Wow Meg! This looks fantastic! A job well done!

Tilly
9 years ago

Oh Megan these are just beauuuuutiful!!! The Wrapped Top is worth getting pregnant for alone, surely? Everytime a friend of mine announces she’s preggers my first thought is, “Ooh, shall I make Megan’s top?” I’m far too selfish, but maybe one day!

lisa g
9 years ago

looks great! wish i had half as stylish clothes when i was preggo!

blacklabel
9 years ago

Outstanding Meg, congratulations! I hope to be making use of some of these soon ;-)

MadeByMeg
9 years ago

Wow great photo shoot and great collection! I’m not even pregnant but I want to find someone who is just so I can make them these!

Katherine
9 years ago

So fabulous to see all the patterns made up. I think your pattern sales will really take off from this awesome shoot.

Sabrina
9 years ago

These images really bring your designs to life! They are so so gorgeous!!

Carolyn
Carolyn
9 years ago

Really beautiful shoot! The solid colours really showcase your design! Well done.

LISA ONG
LISA ONG
9 years ago

Love love love the rie dress. Have always loved it, and it looks gorgeous on Holly.

Helen
Helen
9 years ago

Megan they all look wonderful. I wish I was still pregnant so I could buy some of these patterns, but we lost our little boy just before I put the order in. Next time maybe. I have Briar’s to make instead.

Veronica Darling
Reply to  Helen

Love to you and your lost little one Helen. x

Veronica Darling
9 years ago

I can say 1001 nursing top/dress is AMAZING (wish I had time to make more of them!).

Can I say that the shoes are just AMAZING as well (sorry to be off the topic!) but you HAVE to let us know about them too!

Dee Durrant
9 years ago

As you say it’s been a long time coming but WOW…it was worth the wait! I bought the nursing nightwear and the maternity survival pack when I was pregnant with my daughter and they are all such lovely patterns! The place you shot the lookbook is amazing. Your styling is, as always, spot on and the model is beautiful.

It was such a lovely day to – to say that there was a thunder storm the night before…I love the Australian weather – I got married on Hamilton Island and the day we landed it was cold and raining….i was panicking!!! But by the next morning it was bright and beautiful weather just like you seemed to have!

Ali
Ali
9 years ago

Wow, these look fantastic! It’s great to be able to see the designs on a ‘real life pregnant woman’ rather than just the line drawings. I’ll definitely be buying these patterns in a few years time!

Valentina
Valentina
9 years ago

Hi! Your lookbook is simply gorgeous as all the patterns. Are you planning to make also a PDF version of them? I live in Italy and I need to buy the patterns online and the shippping rates, the duty fares and the shipping delays (or steals) make me hesitate… Thank you

Valentina
Valentina
9 years ago

I understand, thank you for your quick answer.

Sarah Connell
Sarah Connell
9 years ago

This lookbook makes me want to get pregnant again! And after barely surviving a crazy pregnancy with twins, thats really saying something! Id love to see how some of the tops look on non pregnant peeps as well- especially the wrap top! Any pics to post? Also, the leggings are TDF- please tell me you are putting out a pattern for those!

Milla Makeup
9 years ago

Yay team! ’twas my pleasure to be involved in this gorgeous venture, Meg.
What a scrumptious lookbook!
xe

Rose and Pearl Events
9 years ago

Wow your designs and the photos look amazing!! Thank you for using my flowers in your shoot Meg! Sarah (Rose & Pearl Events) xx

trackback

[…] once said I couldn’t wait to be pregnant so I could order ALL of Megan Nielsen’s maternity patterns. Well, I splurged and I did buy them […]