Well my friends, with February over i think it’s time to wrap up the Briar sewalong!
There are still a few variations i really want to share tutorials for – but i think i have to cut myself off at some point or else i’ll be posting about nothing but Briars all year long hehehe. Never fear though – there will still be some coming, i think we’ll skatter them over the next few months as time permits :) I still really want to make the hoodie sweatshirt, and i theres a different style of dress variation i’m dying to make – plus we will also have an awesome variation tutorial from one of the pattern testers! Darn it i love variations!
Here’s a little round up of all the tutorials we covered during the sewalong!
- How to sew the curved patch pocket
- How to sew the square patch pocket
- How to sew a neckline band
- How to sew a neckline binding (the Megan Nielsen way)
- How to sew a neckline binding (the traditional/standard way)
- The easiest knit neckline around
- Inserting the sleeves & sewing up the side seams
- Variation: How to draft elbow length sleeves
- Variation: A Valentine Briar sweater
- Variation: Centre front seam
- Variation: Side pocket Briar (by MadMim)
- Variation: the easy way to go sleeveless
- Variation: leather elbow patches + FREE pattern piece
- Variation: the dress (my favourite!)
- Variation: leather shoulder patches