This is totally off topic, and has nothing to do with my designs… buttttt I’m always collecting funny little things about Australia – and so today i thought i might share some with you all :)
- This is Perth – One of my friends from HS showed me this a while ago and I still can’t stop laughing. Bit of a silly video making fun of Perth – warning you may have to be from Perth to find this funny, but I know a lot of you are :) so enjoy! hehe
- Another Sunny day in Western Australia – This is another one about Perth that really fascinated me. It’s a a 60’s documentary / advert for Perth, and it was made around the time my mother in law was a little kid living in Perth. I warn you its long (20 mins), but I just loved looking at all the gorgeous clothes – and seeing that despite a few sky scrapers and changes in fashion – Perth is pretty much the same as it’s always been, and we still all pursue the same past times.
- For all those who still don’t understand why we left Perth – here’s one of the main reasons – Perth is now ranked the 13th most expensive city in the world to live in. To put that into perspective, it’s 25% more expensive than NYC and no American cities make the list. Brisbane is 14th, and Sydney and Melbourne are the 6th and 7th respectively (sorry to my brother (Syd) and sister-in-law (Melbs)… you guys are gonna be sooo broke hehe).
- Cracked article about Australian wildlife – most hilarious explanation I’ve heard of how all Aussie wildlife wants to kill you. I think what makes me laugh the most, is that behind all the jokes and sarcasm, it’s true. Though i’m surprised they didn’t mention the snakes (9 out of the 10 deadliest in the world). Pretty much everything in Australia is dangerous. Lucky us.
- Also, Strictly Ballroom is now in netflix instant view. If you are like me – you probably freaked out when you noticed and have already watched it 6 times in row. One of my favourite things about Aussie cult classics is that they always involve an element of us laughing at ourselves / poking fun at Aussies… i kind of like that. I think it’s good not to take yourself too seriously. Some of my other faves are The Castle, and pretty much all of Kath and Kim.