Hey everyone! Holly here!
Who are our Tania lovers out there? *raises hand*. I know the Tania culottes are not a new pattern, but we’ve actually never done a proper sewalong! What?! With the release of the new, updated pattern – which includes the new sizing, some new versions, and the addition of pockets, it seemed like the perfect time to go over every detail!
So with that said, here’s the full list of Tania posts and tutorials coming up:
- Inspiration and ideas
- Bonus: adding pockets to the old version of Tania
- Side seam and waistband
- Zipper (invisible zipper)
- Waistband facing – two ways
- Bonus : lapped zipper with waistband facing
- Inseam and hem
Here are some older Tania posts you might find useful :
- How to lengthen the Tania culottes
- How to lengthen a hem with lace
- How to make midi Tania culottes (if you have the old pattern and want to make View C or D without purchasing the new version)
- Variation: Tania culottes with elastic back and side seam pockets
And some older tutorials that could help!:
- Six seam finishes and when to use them
- Clipping vs. notching
- Three ways to sew a rolled hem
- Evening out a circle hem
Don’t have the Tania sewing pattern yet?! Order Tania today! We absolutely love seeing what you make, so don’t forget to tag your creations with #MNtania and @megannielsenpatterns when sharing on social media, and check out what everyone else is up to!