Next year is ramping up to be another busy year at Megan Nielsen Patterns, so to keep things running smoothly I’m looking for a sample sewer to work with me!
Click through for the details
The long and short of it:
This is a part time hourly paid position – roughly 7-10 hours a week to begin with, with more at busy times. You must be located in Perth Australia, but can work remotely from the comfort of your home (pajamas all day anyone?) at whatever time of the day works well for you (baby naps? School hours? Middle of the night? We gotcha). You will be required to travel to my home office at least once a week for pick ups, drop offs and meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating fit samples and providing fast and relevant feedback on construction.
- Sewing finished garment samples for use in photo shoots.
- You do not need to be a professional seamstress, but must be an experienced sewer with a strong knowledge of garment construction and sewing techniques.
- Ability to sew garments quickly and accurately.
- Must be located in the Perth area and willing to travel to my Western Suburbs home office.
- Your own equipment (ie sewing machine and overlocker etc).
- Please send an email to email@example.com and include some information about yourself and why you’d like to be considered for this position, as well as a current resume/CV.
- Include information about your relevant experience, how long you have been sewing and your estimated skill level.
- An in person interview may follow and possibly a relevant skills test. You will be asked to show examples of your work.
Applications will close Friday 9 December 2016.