MATT’S [INCREDIBLY] SHITE SHIRT

July 11th, 2013

Matt's incredibly shite shirt

I know what you’re thinking… what just happened?!

Let me explain: this is what happens when my brother and i hang out.

It all started when Matt found the Shite shirts¬†website and the next thing you know we’ve gone down the rabbit hole of watching their incredibly weird marketing videos… yup they’re odd and we begin to concoct a plan to make our own shite shirt – it’s always more fun when it’s personal right?! Matt laid down the challenge to find my most embarrassing fabric scraps and putt them together in a tshirt.

Funnily enough – that bit was actually kinda hard, because i actually like almost all the fabrics in my stash. oops! So i went for the fabrics that would look the worst together. i think i succeeded :) Shockingly i haven’t actually blogged the projects that the majority of the scraps came from. I can’t believe it, and they’re not new either, how did i miss that?! i need to get on to that. But i’m sure you recognize the left arm sleeve from my cropped Briar and my favourite leggings. I think the star of this is the pocket though- yes those are gold horses. YUP. awesome to the max.

I think we laughed for an entire day over this shirt – and of course, once we had the tshirt completed, who could resist a silly photoshoot?! i mean seriously, not me! We had a lot of fun for sure.

The unexpected result of this project is that now i’m actually planning more of these shirts. Chris tells me he absolutely needs one now (he wants his even more embarrassing, if that’s possible) – and i keep thinking that this might actually be good way to get rid of fabric scraps that are too small for a whole project but too large to throw away.

Do you pity my family?! their wardrobes are about to get a whole lot worse! hehehe

Matt's incredibly shite shirt

[a huge thanks to my brother for being my partner in crime and for being such an unbelievably good sport. love you mate!]

1. Rochelle New says:

That is, hands down, the best shirt I’ve ever seen. Hilarious and amazing!

2. I’m just laughing really hard here. This made my morning!

3. Helen says:

Hilarious! I love this! Looks like your brother loves it too! :)

4. sallie says:

Amazing!! I can’t decide if I find this 100% hilarious, or if I kinda love it and want one too….

5. Ginger says:

This is awesome! I love it! Honestly, it has a weird early ’90′s vibe that I could totally see lots of Brooklyn guys actually wearing, if you can believe it!

6. What fun. Your brother is a good sport. I might just need to make a few of these. I might just need one myself!

7. Abby says:

Haha! I love this. Your brother is hilarious. :) Also, it might be shite, but it sure fits well!

8. Tez says:

Your brother, much like the shirt you made, is VERY well put together! ;)

9. maddie says:

what a fun and silly project. Also, what a great way to spend time with your brother.

10. Robin says:

hilarious! the shirt is funny and your brother’s sense of humor is evident1

11. Angela says:

I actualy like it for me. Its a shame to waste it ;)

12. Jen says:

I LOVE it and would totally wear it!! But…well….I’m not a man.

13. Bec says:

That would go mad in Australia, hipsters would love it haha

14. Gabrielle says:

That is hilarious – LOVE IT, and this is the first time I’ve heard of these shirts :).

15. Sassy T says:

Please feature more of them, they are too funny. Plus am wanting to post men on my page getting bored with just posting women lol.

16. Cherie says:

hahaha! I LOVE this. I am so going to repost a link to your blog. You need to get more press. Well done. As shite as they come, really.

17. oonaballoona says:

hubba hubba. welcome to the gun show.

i love seeing your fun makes…with a shirt like this, methinks wee ulcer is shrinking by the minute.

18. [...] Matt how do you feel about helping me paint a rocking horse?! hehehe posted in: My creations, For the [...]

19. Thanks for some other great post. The place else could anyone get that type of info in such a perfect method of writing?
    I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such information.

20. whatsshop.de says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a enjoyment account it.
    Look complex to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we
    communicate?