Please vote for me to win the Modern Craft Project!

VOTE FOR MEGAN NIELSEN PATTERNS TO WIN $100,000 IN THE MODERN CRAFT PROJECT

Hey friends!

Something amazing is happening – and i’d really appreciate it if you could help me out.

A few months ago i was reading Frankie magazine, when an ad caught my eye. It was for a contest for people who are modernizing traditional crafts for our generation, to win $100,000 to further their businesses.

I don’t normally enter things, but this really hit me. As i kept reading, i just kept feeling like what they were describing is exactly what i’ve been trying to do – recreating, rethinking and redesigning sewing and sewing patterns for a new generation of crafters. Having a passion for traditional crafts in a modern world. I entered. I never enter things.

And something amazing happened – last week i got an email telling me i was one of the 10 finalists in Australia. I almost passed out with excitement!

I think you know what an investment like that could do for Megan Nielsen Patterns – it would mean more patterns, more tutorials, building a team, more of everything awesome – and I could really do all those things i want to do with the company! It would be literally, life changing. As you know, I’ve built this business working in the middle of the night, with almost no funding – and i can only imagine the amazing things i could do with a kickstart like this.

So this is me shamelessly asking – please, please if you could take a few moments to head on over to the Modern Craft Project website, and vote for me – i would be undyingly grateful. (i believe you can vote once a day)

Please spread the word!! Tell your friends, tell your family – tell anyone who loves sewing! (and forgive me if i mention it again a few times before the month is over… i’m kind of excited)

Thank you so so much! I’ve said it before, and i’ll say it again – your support, and encouragement and love of this brand is everything to me – thank you for being in my corner :)

Praying so hard that I make it through!!!

Meg XOXO

Never miss a post!

Enter your email address to receive our posts right to your inbox

Comments

• MegMeg says

Thanks Sarah!! I really appreciate it and i’m so happy to hear you love working with my patterns!! Yay!

1. Roz Zani says

Voted!! Oh wow – this would be so incredible for you Meg! Eeeeek! I’m so glad you’re getting such wonderful recognition for all your hard work (not to mention your kind spirit). Go you!!!

2. Carolyn says

Top ten! Well done. I read (and love) Frankie magazine but I must has overlooked this. Fingers crossed for you! I’d absolutely love to see an independent aussie pattern company (such as yours) grow…I’m heading over to vote right now.

• MegMeg says

Thanks Carolyn! Seriously, isn’t Frankie awesome? I kind of jump up and down when it arrives hehehe. Thanks so much for your support!!

3. says

Voted! Well done, I’ve got everything crossed that you win this. I love your patterns and this would benefit all of us as much as you :) Will spread the word.

4. Trina B says

Congratulations!!! Even just being in the top 10 is such a massive achievement – but one so well deserved! I love your gorgeous patterns, And am so excited to vote for you! I have bookmarked the page so I can vote every day ;) good luck Megan xx

• MegMeg says

Thanks so much Trina! You are such a honey! I’m honestly pretty thrilled to make top 10, i kind of can’t believe it. Fingers crossed now!

5. Alice segura says

Hi Megan
    I’m trying to vote for you but I’m getting stuck at the Vodka site. How do I get out of there? Is it because I’m from USA? I definitely think you deserve to win and I want to vote.

• MegMeg says

Hey Alice! Thanks so much for trying to vote!! yeah i just found out about that – apparently the prize is sponsored by a Vodka brand, so they require you to enter your birthdate before voting to make sure you’re of age. Such a pain!! I’m sorry it keeps kicking you out :( i really appreciate you trying!

• MegMeg says

Thanks so much Pastor John!! I really appreciate the support :) I hope i make it through! Love to you and Alaine! xoxo

6. Kelly says

I just voted for you, I’ll try to remember to do it every day, I really hope you win!! I just made a couple of Briars and I am in love, awesome pattern! I would love to see what you could accomplish if you win this, what an amazing opportunity.

7. says

Just voted! What an achievement to be in the top ten at all! Congratulations! You have been such an inspiration, and your openness about business has been a real resource for me. I have my own clothing line and have been working towards releasing my designs as sewing patterns, and I think following your journey has really given me the confidence to move forward with it. Thanks for sharing!

8. says

9. says

I am so voting every day, for purely selfish reasons….I want to sew many many more Megan Nielson patterns pronto! I’m praying that you win too!

• MegMeg says

Thanks so much Uncle Lloyd!! I hope you and everyone back in SA are well! I can’t believe how long it’s been since we saw you, sometimes it just feels like yesterday :) Love to you all!! Megs XOXO

10. Jaime says

Just voted! Keep sending reminders :) I really hope you win- How totally awesome would that be! What a blessing you are to the community of sewists we have today.

11. says

Hey Meg, I am not sure if I am doing it right- the link takes to a page to put in my date of birth and then it takes me to terms and so on…. I don’t see a way to actually vote for you…. am I doing it wrong- I want you to win, and have my vote count… do I need to go to a facebook page?

thanks gal!
    Good luck!!!

• says

Tracey, I had this problem as I accessed the site via the bloglovin version of Megan’s post.

Try coming out of bloglovin (if you’re in that) and going straight to the link. It then gives an ENTER button below the info you’ve just described.