Briar sewalong timetable

January 29th, 2013

I’m so excited about how many people are taking part in the Briar sewalong! this is going to rock!

As i mentioned last week – I’m planning on spending more time than usual on variations, as i think so much of the joy of this pattern is how easy it is to adapt.

As per usual – i’ve gotten a little carried away with how much i’m going to cover – but lets give it a go! My wardrobe is already bursting with something ridiculous like 10 Briars, so umm yeah, its going to be even more full :) but i’m cool with that, because this pattern is that awesome.

Here’s the basic plan:

• Feb 4th-8th: Briar construction as per the pattern
  • Feb 11-28th: Briar variations (hopefully these will include things like, sleeveless, a dress or two, a hoodie sweatshirt, cardigan, alternate neckline finishes etc etc. so much awesome)
I haven’t gone into too much specific planning about which day will be which variation, but thats a good solid 3 weeks :) so get prepared peeps!
Don’t forget – for those who haven’t got the pattern yet – you can get 10% off for the length of the sewalong by using the code BRIAR at checkout
And of course there are buttons! If you’d like to put a sewalong button on your blog during the course of the sewalong, just cut and paste the code from below or from the blog sidebar!

300 x 100

150 x 150

125 x 125

1. Emily says:

hoodie sweatshirt! my pattern is still in the mail, so excited :)

2. Eleanor says:

This is perfect time, as I just received my patterns in the mail. I am so excited for this. Now I just need to find a nice fabric. I need a guide for how to decipher between interlock, jersey, and other various knits though. I’m shopping online for my fabric and I’m not sure what the difference is. Do you have a post that clears it up or know of a good resource? :)

3. Kieran says:

A DRESS?! Wow! I had not even considered that awesomeness…I’m so excited!!

4. Ginger says:

Oh, man, I can’t help but join in! This sounds so fun!

5. Juli says:

Oooooh, I am also very intrigued by the idea of making it into a dress! Or a hoodie! That sounds super cozy and comfy… especially since it’s snowing where I am right now! :-)

6. Kirsty says:

On the walk to work today had an epiphany and realised that I really nead a sweatshirt, so I’m in! Just purchased my pattern.

7. Lizzy says:

I really like that pattern, but it’s kind of expensive for me to buy it ( I’m Mexican, living in México of course), so I just will be following all the posts and see how you do it.