SO fun!! I really can’t wait to see what everyone else has made!! Today we’re all posting our tutorials, so please be be sure to check them out:
- Sonja of http://gingermakes.wordpress.com/
- Mika of http://savorystitches.blogspot.com/
- Suzanne of http://mybeaubaby.blogspot.com/
- Miranda of http://www.onelittleminuteblog.com/
- Megan of http://blog.megannielsen.com/ (thats me!)
- Jen of http://grainlinestudio.com/
- Dixie of http://dixiediy.blogspot.com/
- Madalynne of http://www.madalynne.com/
- Lizz of http://agoodwardrobe.com/
- Kelli of http://www.truebias.com/
It took all of my self control not to make anything holly themed (an obsession of mine), or Australiana themed (don’t want to drive you all crazy) – so i turned to another love of mine, acorns! Its kind of hilarious how much acorns feature as a Christmas/winter memory for me. We used to have two big trees on opposite ends of our backyard in Iowa, and around Christmas time Bunny’s favourite thing to do was watch the resident little squirrel running back and forth between those two trees stashing its acorns etc. So precious!
I tried a couple of different material combos, but felt+leather turned out to be my favourite after a bit of experimenting. I found some really amazing leather hide at a local market a few months ago, and i’ve been waiting and waiting to use it – this was the perfect project! I love the texture of the felt and leather together – just so good! i think it makes them a bit more interesting, and stops them from feeling “flat”
I promise it’s super easy (and quick!) – and if you can’t sew, you can use glue instead – anddddd i made a little pdf pattern for you to use :)
Okie dokie, lets get ornamenty! (is that a word?)
Cut out your pattern pieces, and put it all together!
Annnnnd then make a tonne more!
Hang them in crazy places in your house…
… or most likely on your tree :)