This year we decided to try the whole, Christmas stockings on Christmas Eve idea, and it was kind of awesome. I think we’ll have to continue this. (Though for us this was the Eve of Christmas Eve, since we actually have a family party tonight – does that make us big cheats who try and sneak their stockings early?! hehehe). We like to keep our stockings to treats (chocolates, candy canes etc) and one small toy/pressie – but this year i kind of messed up and completely forgot to fill Chris and my stockings! eeek! Though, the kids decided they were tired of their chocolates half the way in (WHAT?!), which please my darling immensely hehe. I think you know you are a parent when you don’t mind eating half destroyed chocolate Christmas bears…
We also really love reading Christmas books together, which is really special to us. We prefer biblical ones – but somehow the grinch ends up getting read too (gosh i hate that book! hahaha). I absolutely love traditions, they are always dear to me – and i love that as the kids are growing up we’re coming up with more and more special traditions to repeat each year.
Do you have any special Christmas Eve traditions?
Also, ps. everyone involved in the handmade ornament exchange has been posting their trees with ornaments – and they look awesome!!
Unfortunately mine haven’t arrived yet (drat you international mail), but please check out the others involved!!! They are adorable!!
- Sonja of http://gingermakes.wordpress.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Mika of http://savorystitches.blogspot.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Suzanne of http://mybeaubaby.blogspot.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Miranda of http://www.onelittleminuteblog.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Megan of http://blog.megannielsen.com/ (thats me!) (tutorial)
- Jen of http://grainlinestudio.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Dixie of http://dixiediy.blogspot.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Madalynne of http://www.madalynne.com/ (tutorial & final post)
- Kelli of http://www.truebias.com/ (tutorial & final post)