i like these things

September 7th, 2012

{totally adorable embroidery of my Banksia pattern cover by Tilly here}

I’m having a rather rough week with probably the worst flu i’ve had in months. I was hoping to post more interesting things this week – but honestly, i just feel too sick. Sometimes you just need to give in to resting and getting better. So instead I just wanted to say hi…

Hi!

And thought id share some of my favourite links of the week…

• I have been so incredibly touched by this amazing family’s adoption process.
  • Melissa is inspiring me to think more creatively when decorating my home with her zero budget home decorating project
  • Morgan’s pins are always my favourite – and want my home to look like this.
  • Think you can’t fit a sewing space into your home? Think again. My dear friend Miranda made the most amazing sewing corner in a coat closet!
  • Any time i need a smile I watch this clip¬†and then i make everyone in my family watch it
  • My current favourite personal style blog is Harper&Harley
  • i think chris is probably getting realllly tired of me repeating back to him everything tweeted by Honest Toddler
  • I love love Design Files – it’s full of beautiful aussie homes and home decor – whats not to love?
  • Bunny is obsessed with elephants and the colour green, so i think this is a no brainer for a stocking stuffer (yes i plan christmas presents early, i am weird)
  • Tilly made an embroidery design based off one of my pattern covers – could this be more cute?
  • I want to do this with my granny’s handwritten recipes
  • I’m thinking of getting a stall at Made on the Left in November – trying to think of some good stall decorating ideas!
Anddddd now i will go curl in a ball and watch You’ve Got Mail over and over again till i feel better :)

1. Rachel says:

If you’re thinking of getting a stall, http://www.stitchedincolor.com/ has recently done a very interesting series about her preparation for a stall at a craft fair that you might find interesting.

2. Lizz says:

Ugh.. The flu! Feel better soon!

3. Rachel says:

awwww feel better and get some daisies!!! :) they’re cheerful flowers! :)

4. Donna says:

Megan, I got my banksia pattern today and the booklet is such a great idea! i’m so excited, I don’t think I can wait til the sew-along!

5. Hi Megan,

Just a word to be extremely cautious with this flu you have. My whole family had a horrendous flu a few months ago, and my hubby ended up in hospital with pneumonia. It was scary. We think he pushed himself too hard instead of resting. We are in Perth too, it’s probably still going around. I hope you feel better soon. Lots of hand washing and mouth covering!

–Deb

Hi Deb – thank you so much for your incredibly thoughtful comment. I’m definitely being very cautious. I have a tendency to get bronchitis and pneumonia quite easily, so i’m doing my best to lay low. There really does seem to be a bad set of flues going around Perth at the moment!! I hope your family is keeping well now though :) XOXO

6. Janeane says:

Hi Megan,
    I want you to know that I love reading your blog! I hope you feel better soon!-Janeane

Thanks Janeane!! I’m so glad you enjoy Design Diary! And thanks for the well wishes – i’m resting up as best i can!

7. Ginger says:

Oh, no, feel better soon!

8. Kristina says:

Hope you feel better soon! I am as well down with a nasty cold… Loved all your links, great selection!! hey from australia! kristina x