You guys we start our Banksia sewalong on Friday!! I’m so excited!! I’m having a devil of a time deciding on final fabrics though! Here’s what i’m thinking right now:
- The striped jersey will be for our jersey version of the Banksia – basically i will be recreating this top with the Banksia pattern.
- The blue linen blend is left over from a dress i made my sister in law Annelise a few years ago – and since it’s a blend it never wrinkles. It’s like magic fabric :) So i’m thinking i might use it for the dress version we’ll be doing.
- I love the vintage floral too – and originally wanted to use that for the dress – but it wrinkles like crazy, and i hate it when you stand up from sitting and the back of your dress is a wrinkle mess. (you know what i mean right?) But i love the print – so i’m thinking i might make a collarless version out of it, or perhaps the sleeveless version?
- I’ll be using the navy silk for the long sleeved version of the Banksia – so basically i’ll be making this top.
- I”m toying with using the pale blue silk cotton blend for a standard Banksia.
- I adore the buttery yellow linen – i hand dyed it for my spring 11 collection and have enough left for a top. I love this fabric because it’s so lovely in summer – and the colour is kind of perfect.
- The rusty colour linen was also hand dyed for the same collection, I’m thinking of using this fabric in conjunction with the brown and white gingham for a placketless version of the Banksia. The gingham as the main body of the top, and the linen as the collar. Not sure yet.
Yeah i know… that’s too many Banksia’s isn’t it??? Eeeeep! I need to cut this list down!
So is anyone else as indecisive as me? How are your plans going for our sewalong? Have you found the perfect fabric/button combo yet?
Well, we start our pattern drafting on Friday, and that will run all of next week – and then we’ll start sewing! As a little refresher, here is the little checklist i shared in our last sewalong, that i go through before i start sewing.