The Kelly Skirt is here!!

August 4th, 2012

I’m very happy to announce the release of my newest sewing pattern –  the Kelly skirt!

I am honestly so excited about this pattern! It’s aimed at a beginner level, so all of the pattern pieces have been kept to simple shapes to aid with construction and alterations. It works beautifully with a variety of fabrics, so you aren’t limited to one season. Try it in in something light and breezy for summer – or something heavier for winter! I’ve personally made it in denim, khaki and quilting cotton – and really can’t wait to try it in a breezy silk, and am particularly excited to make a wool version at some point. And because of the simple pattern shapes, the opportunities for customization and unleashing your own creativity are endless!

This truly is one of my favourite designs – and has been included in two of my apparel collections, the Perth collection and the Country Roads collection.

I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I do!!

Click through to shop (and tell me what you think!!)

XOXO

1. kelly hurley says:

yay! I ordered it right after I woke up! Can’t wait to get it.

2. Rachel says:

I’m so excited for the Kelly skirt! Question though… in your Perth collection, there’s a gorgeous coat! Is that a pattern that’s in the works? I know that the Highland dress is coming out at some point… can’t wait for more non-maternity patterns!

Hey Rachel!!

Yes it is in the works :) My goal is to release patterns for all my apparel collection designs. It’s an exciting thought!!

XOXO

3. Amy says:

I ordered mine already! My first pattern from you! I saw it on Adventures in Dressmaking yesterday and ordered it right after that. I’m thinking of making my first one with some dark purple corduroy that’s been I’ve had forever. I’d also like to find a suitable light grey fabric. So excited!

Oh Amy that sounds gorgeous!!! I’m dying to make a corduroy version for myself – and i love the idea of your dark purple, sounds gorgeous!!
      Your pattern shipped on saturday so i hope it arrives soon :)

4. LuvintheMommyhood says:

Awesome! A must make!!

5. Nicole says:

This is such a cute pattern Megan, I think its going to do really well! I know i cant wait to make it :-)

Thanks Nicole! I’m really excited about this one – and so happy to finally have it released!! XOXO

6. Andrea says:

Yay! I just published a blog post about my Kelly test creations. Love this skirt!

ANDREA!! my word, 3 Kellys??? You are a power-sewer my dear!! I LOVE all your versions, they look fantastic!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the pattern – i’m popping the final version in the mail for you this week. thanks for doing such an amazing job testing – you are the best :) hugs! xoxo

7. Anna says: