lets talk about mim

May 25th, 2012

There were a lot of really fantastic creations made during the button up refashion swap - but i must tell you all – I absolutely got the best one. Sorry everyone else, but Mim seriously outdid herself with this one. I’m pretty sure my SIL would have stolen it from me given half the chance (right Annelise??). Honest, I am just blown away by the beautiful job that Mim did. She is incredibly talented. Not only is the design itself really amazing – but the fit is as well. And let me tell you (apparently i’m telling you a lot of things today hehe) after doing a lot of custom design work, getting a good fit for someone who is miles away and you can’t physically fit in person, is something of a challenge. Actually it’s damned hard – and Mim’s top is perfect. Don’t even get me started on the perfect sewing. I am admittedly ridiculously picky when it comes to how neat sewing should be – and i am so so so impressed with Mim’s quality of work. I highly recommend reading her blog.

Do you think you can handle a few more photos?!? Oh good, because i am so darned in love with this top I feel its imperative to show detail shots hehehee

You know, even though there are darts in the front, i think i may even be able to get away with wearing it backwards too – what do you think? yes? Such a versatile little top. I’ve already worn it with skinny jeans and it was equally amazing styled that way.

Don’t forget – if you want to make one yourself check out the tutorial she posted last week.

Actually, if you guys have a free second today i would love it if you’d take a moment to pop over to Mim’s blog and tell her what a fabulous job she did- that would be so awesome! Clearly I am in love with her work… see how i happy i am? hehe

Top: Created for me by the amazing Mim of Madmim, from a men’s button shirt
Skirt: Megan Nielsen, Winter 2011 collection
Boots: Dolce Vita
Necklace: Merl Kinzie // Clydes Rebirth

1. Miriam says:

Megan! I’m seriously blushing from head to toe! What a sweet post, it has totally made my day (which was a long one!) And OMG the top looks AMAZING on you!! I’m SOO thrilled with how it fits and that color is completely killer on you.You have such gorgeous coloring, and you’re styling is perfect. That necklace is unbelievable. Ahahh Amazing!
    Thanks for being so fun to work with! I’m seriously flattered to the moon that THE Megan Nielsen said such nice things about me! XO

2. kate says:

you totally got an awesome shirt! You look adorable. Great job Miriam!! I love the boots you are wearing too!

3. Wowsers that top is gorgeous. Love the whole outfit.

4. Ginger says:

This is adorable! Great job, Mim!

5. Yam B Fan says:

Hey, that is totally awesome! It’s a great design for you–really fits your style. Great job making it and Great job sporting it! Love your refashion as well, Megan.

6. Miranda says:

Love this! Both the kind words and the awesome top. It looks so great on cute you Megan. The color really is wonderful, and I love seeing the details shown off on a real body. So great.

7. Kez says:

OK, that is awesome! I only have one question…is it hard to put on/take off? Can you pull it over your head, or do you have to use the buttons at the back? This is what is stopping me from attempting one myself…

THanks Kez!!

Actually it wasn’t hard to put on/ take off, even though i thought it might be. I just left the top 3 buttons done up (they went to about just above my ribcage), and then it was easy to take off and on, and button up myself once on. I think the trick is making sure you leave the neckhole big enough, and don’t make the top too fitted around the bust etc, so there’s enough ease to take it off.

I think yours will turn out fantastic! I am loving this top :)

XOXO

8. Annelise says:

Well you might have to let me borrow it! It is so beautifully done, you can see the attention to detail

9. Elle Croft says:

Woah, that is incredible! I never would have thought something so cool could be made from a restyled men’s shirt!!

10. I love how this top turned out. It fits you perfectly! And I love how you styled it with the mustard yellow!!