If there’s one thing we can’t live without in our family it’s hooded towels. But unfortunately after Bunny was born we very quickly realised how inadequate all the hooded towels we’d been given were. They were generally too thin to absorb anything, and and were so small they only really worked for very newborn babies. That’s when a friend and i came up with this really easy and really large hooded towel! This style of towel has worked for both our kids from newborn right into toddler hood – we quite literally, could not live without them!
Want to make one too? Here’s how!
- A standard size bath towel (the kind you would use for an adult – you may even have an extra lying around!)
- A small face towel (you know, that smaller square towel that you never use but sits in the linen cupboard? – or is that just me? hehe)
- Start with the face towel. Fold the top edge down by a few inches
- Fold the corners in towards the centre. Pin and then sew along the edge to secure. This is the “hood”!
- Lay your bath towel flat, and pleat it along one edge. Pin in place
- Place your hood under the pleats so that they overlap each other by about a 1/2″. Pin in place and then sew along the edge to secure.
- And then make a bunch more :)