preparation

November 22nd, 2011

I’m so excited that this is a long weekend! Chris has been doing really really well at work, and just got a big promotion – which though totally awesome, means that he’s had to work a lot of late hours recently. That bit kind of sucks. So I’m really over the moon about having him home all day for four days straight. yay! I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgiving plans too!

On a more materialistic note – I’m so excited about my new scarf. Lovely Lindsay over at Seams to Be was kind enough to send it to me for the cooler months – and I’m so in love with it! I’ve actually never really owned many woolly scarfs (not really a necessity back in Perth), and last winter wore to death an awesome tunnel scarf my friend Jen made for me. And this year i’m excited to add to this one to my arsenal. Isn’t it gorgeous? Okay winter, do your worst. I’m prepared. (kind of hehe)

Top: Picnic
Scarf: Snood c/o Seams to Be
Skirt: Megan Nielsen, seen here. (create your own with this tutorial)
Tights: We Love Colours (Maroon)
Shoes: Jessica SimpsonĀ

1. Betsy says:

Yes, that scarf is divine. And you – you look lovely.

2. Elle Croft says:

Oh, you look adorable! I love that whole getup. And I definitely agree – scarves are the BEST!

3. Grace says:

oh you look amazing Megan!! SO pretty and feminine.

Enjoy the time with your family..you deserve it you little worker bee you!!

4. Meg says:

Love the colour combo of this outfit. I want to steal those booties and that scarf and wear them both all winter long. ;)

5. BiblioMOMia says:

Oh, these colors are DIVINE. Perfectly proportioned, too, with the grey skirt as middle ground. Love it!

6. Loren says:

You look fantastic here! The colors are so cool, purple looks great on you.

7. Gorgeous, Megan! Purple is a lovely color on you. The scarf looks so cozy. And congrats to your Hubby on the promotion. Hard work does pay off!

8. Hannah says:

I love your skirt. Your whole outfit is really pretty. :)
    Hannah
    A Little Burd Told Me..

9. Annelise says:

Love the colours, love the silhouette – perfect!

10. Cambria says:

Jessica S shoes just rock…you are wearing them at their best here! LOVE the colours you’ve mixed in this ensemble and that darling plaid skirt.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Thanks Cambria!!

And i totally agree – her shoes really do rock. I was surprised when i realised how great they are, now i’m obsessed :)

11. Holly says:

The color of the scarf is simply gorgeous. Especially paired with the maroon tights. Perfect pairing!

12. love all the purple tones to your outfit! you are adorable!!

13. Iveta says:

You look so pritty in this long skirt, or dress, realy good look! I love it, this is the best for you:)

14. Lyndsay! says:

Megan it looked beautiful on you! Thank you for modeling it : )
    There are plently more available in my shop, everyone!

15. Sarah says:

Congratulations to your hubby on the big promotion!! :)

Love your outfit too! I just bought some maroon colored tights, tried them on the other day, and quickly realized I had no idea how to pair them with anything! But I think I could definitely pull off an outfit similar to this one! It looks so cute! :)

16. Mara says:

so pretty megan!! I love that scarf. And big congrats to your husband!! You must be so proud of him :)

17. [...] to introduce you to Decembers Featured Indie Designer – Lyndsay of Seams to Be! Remember my gorgeous new scarf from last week? It was lovingly created by Lyndsay. I really hope you enjoy learning more about her [...]