sensibility

May 9th, 2011

Oh hi, so apparently I’m addicted to blogging and having a broken toe won’t stop me from outfit posting. hehe

Though to be honest, this time round its getting better a lot quicker – either that, or by the third time you just become a pro at dealing with it. Probably the latter. Whatever the case, I’m finding that for short periods of time I can actually wear not Birkenstock shoes without it hurting. awesomeness.

Enter these sandals. When I was shopping with my friend E a few weeks ago I was explaining to her how I’m trying to be a good girl, and buy a few more “sensible” pairs of shoes – cos, you now I like my heels. So instead of picking up these totally amazing and unwalkable shoes (no kidding, i actually tripped whilst trying them on) – i bought these sensible, but still super cute sandals.

It turned out to be quite fortuitous, as they are now one of the only pairs of shoes which I can wear comfortable with my broken toe. I’m so happy to have an option other than birks!! Though, I think I might avoid wearing a midi skit with flats again – i feel a little shorty in these shots!

Top: Megan Nielsen, Eucalypt tank AW2010
Skirt: Thrifted (replaced waistband)
Shoes: Zara
Belt: Thrifted

1. Kayla says:

You may feel short, but you look amazing! It’s nice to have other options in your closet for shoes this time around. I hope your toe heels fast!

2. Trudy Callan says:

Oh contrare.I think you look totally adorable with the flats and mid-skirt.

3. BiblioMOMia says:

I actually love midis with flats–look how lovely your ankles look! Glad the toe is on the mend, too…

4. Kiri says:

Glad to see you’re not trapped in your Birkenstocks again!
    Loving the red lipstick btw!

thanks!! it took me a while to get used to wearing red lipstick, but now i’m really really loving it!!

5. Marilyn says:

That outfit looks fabulous on you! I love that skirt! I think I might have to make me one like it!

6. Rochelle says:

I’m glad it isn’t hurting as badly this time! And you don’t look like a shorty! You look lovely!

7. Annelise says:

Midi skirts make you look taller!

8. Meg says:

Love your skirt and those cute sandals! I don’t think you look short in this outfit, though.
    I’m glad you’re healing up so well. :D

9. Casey says:

So sorry to hear about the broken toe–ouch! Hope you mend quickly. :)

I really love this outfit! I’m a bit wary of flat shoes with midi skirts too; I have such muscular legs I always feel like I look like a Hobbit in flats. haha. You look so pretty though–definitely not a shorty! :D I’m just loving that top especially with the skirt. Beautiful!

10. Chris says:

Dear Blog,

You look great. Nice photos! Well composed!

Your
    Chris

11. Chris says:

DEAR RECEIVER,
    You have just received a Taliban virus. Since we are not so technologicaly advanced in Afghanistan, this is a MANUAL virus. Please delete all the files on your hard disk yourself and send this mail to everyone you know.
    Thank you very much for helping us.
    -Taliban hacker.

12. Aw, I’m so sorry to hear about your broken toe… but you look gorgeous and these sandals are perfect with your outfit!

13. [...] collar or go sleeveless?? Also wearing: Skirt: Vintage (altered) – also seen here and here Shoes: c/o Modcloth (last year) Necklace: Merl Kinzie // Clydes Rebirth posted in: Daily [...]