You guys, I’m not wearing makeup and my hair has a mind of it’s own – is it okay if we pretend that’s not the case? okay? cool.
Sooooo day 4 of old tights DIY’s. How fun is this? Well i’m having fun! Anyway, I keep seeing rosette necklaces everywhere. I’m not sure why, but they are everywhere. So I made one. Wow wasn’t that an interesting story? haha
- Remember yesterday when I cut the legs of the tights into strips 1″ wide? Well I kept some of them aside
- Sew very long loose stitches along one edge of the tube, till you go all the way round.
- Pull the threads tight and tie a knot. Ta da you have a rosette.
- Make a few more
- Lay them face down, and lay an old chain over the top
- If the chain links were large enough i could have stitched right through them, but they weren’t – so I stitched around them and pulled tight.
- Next, just for visual interest, i layed another one lower than the 3, and attached it to two of the rosettes on the edge
- Optional: you could embelish yours with other fabrics, beads, or what have you, but to be honest I just didn’t feel like it today – but I do really like it plain!
Also, stay tuned, because my last project using tights is for Bunny – sooooo cute!