It’s a sad moment… when you rip a favourite pair of tights. Unfortunately on this day such a tragedy occurred. Whats worse is that those tights only cost me $2 on sale… which makes them irreplaceable (don’t fight my logic).
So anyway, I was chatting to Linley the other day about how I wanted to find a way to use my sad, maimed tights – and I got a little inspired to do a whole week of tights DIY projects. From one pair of tights. That’s right, I plan on doing 5 projects with one pair of tights. Now is where I need to encourage myself not to hyperventilate thinking about how little fabric there actually is in a pair of tights. haha.
Anyway, I digress. When I was back home over Christmas, I was shopping at – you guessed it – Witchery, when I saw a super cute pinky/nude headband that I could have sworn was made from tights. Hello inspiration. Some things just scream, PLEASE DIY ME!
So here it is! You know whats great? It’s a no sew DIY. happy days.
Want to make one of your own?
- Get an old pair of tights
- Cut off the top of the waistband – about 1″, then cut it in half again so it’s a 1/2″ wide – we don’t want to use the very top of the waistband, because I want there to be 2 strands to the headband
- from the top of the thigh (I’ll be using the bottom for another project) cut a 3″ tall band.
- Cut a small strip from the very top of the waistband that we have left over
Now we have all our pieces
- Take the 3″ tall tube, and scrunch that piece into the shape of a bow, and then place on the seam of the headband strands (to cover up the seam)
- Use the small strip to tie the bow to the headband, making sure the knot is in the back
- Trim the excess, and you’re done!
I’m pretty happy with the way that turned out (despite my inexplicably grumpy facial expressions!). Stay tuned for another tomorrow!