Virginia is for lovers…

Well that’s what the license plates out here say… and I have to agree. We’re falling for Virginia, hard and fast. We’ve only been here just over a week, and already we’re loving it. We’re just under an hour south of Washington D.C., which puts us nicely in the countryside, but still close enough from the city and all the shops it offers, that we don’t feel isolated. It’s really gorgeous out here. We’re renting in a small town, with the most gorgeous historic downtown (hopefully get some photos soon), and the short 15 min drive that Chris has to work is through rolling hills, and down roads lined with white fences that house horses. It’s breathtaking. Literally breathtaking. It makes me want to learn to ride.

Meanwhile, can you believe the weather? It’s been ridiculously warmer than Iowa. Honestly, it feels like Fall. It means I can do crazy things, like wear stockings instead of sweater tights. I know, amazing! Oh and speaking of love, how amazing is this pendant thingo? It’s a strawberry perfume pendant that belonged to my Ouma. My mom gave it to me recently and I’ve been dying to wear it. I love how ridiculously big it is. It’ll probably give me a black eye if I’m not careful, and I kinda like that about it!

Dress: Megan Nielsen, Darling Ranges dress, AW2010
Strawberry Pendant: Vintage family heirloom
Belt: Vintage, thrifted
Stockings: Cats via Woolworths (in Australia, $1 girls!)
Socks: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

Never miss a post!

Enter your email address to receive our posts right to your inbox

Featured Products

Megan Nielsen Yes I Sew, No i won't do your mending tote bag Megan Nielsen Eucalypt woven tank and dress sewing pattern Megan Nielsen Alissa maternity top sewing pattern

1. says

And this is how I know I’m a weak southerner…I’ve been SO COLD this week!

The pigtails are adorable, as is the dress. Especially with that belt!

2. says

So glad that you are enjoying VA! I moved here about 16 years ago from CT and don’t think that I ever want to leave :). Although, once you’ve been here that long the temps outside seem frigid!!

And love your beautiful dress!

• MegMeg says

I think you’re right! I’ve only been here two weeks, and I”m already beginning to feel the cold – how lame am I?!

3. says

Holy cow, you look GORGEOUS.

That low neckline is super sexy on you and the pigtails add some fun and whimsy to the whole outfit!

I’m glad you’re enjoying your new area! Hope you get to explore with photos soon!

4. says

I’m so happy to hear that you love Virginia! I’ve lived in Northern Virginia my entire life, and am in love as well! My friend and I just started a fashion blog, and would love to meet up with you sometime when you’re free. You are so inspirational!

• MegMeg says

That’s so cool! I’m in Warrenton just south of DC – i’m not sure if that makes me Northern Virginia or not?! But its so nice to know there are stylish gals like you around here!

5. Amanda says

Welcome to warm, sunny Virginia! Currently experiencing some of the coldest weather we’ve had in a long time. I certainly don’t see many days in the teens, and I’ve been here all my life. Maybe the weather wanted to ease you in gently!

6. says

I adore these pictures. They’re so beautiful, and totally capture the country vibe. I’ve never been to Virginia, but it sounds like it has the makings of a lovely life. :)

• MegMeg says

Linda honey, I kid you not, Iowan winters are nothing to sneeze at. I’m shuddering just thinking about the cold…

7. says

Congrats on the move! I’m north of you in Alexandria, and I’m a city girl so I love it (would even rather be in DC but my guy’s more suburb or country), but further out in VA is really beautiful. We love camping and hiking in Shenandoah. Hope you get to experience all the fun of both the city and the country around here and welcome!

• MegMeg says

Wow we are really close, how cool is that?! I really want to spend some time in Shenandoah too… it’s soooo gorgeous!

8. says

Told you that you would love the picture-taking here! I’m so happy for you! And you look like you fit right in with your pretty frock and hunt country boots!

9. says

Glad you like VA. I grew up in Stafford (a county over from you) and always enjoyed it. I live in Boston now and the weather definitely makes me feel like a wimpy southerner :)

Make sure you make it up into the mountains come Spring.. there are many fantastic photo opportunities!

10. says

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really useful and it helped me out much. I am hoping to present something back and aid others like you helped me.

1. tandblekninng med laser…

[…]q Oh, superb description! I have no clue how you wrote this’d tak xn[…]…