Mine obviously looks slightly different though, as it isn’t as gathered (I could have fixed this by using a larger shirt to begin with, but I wanted to use one of Hubby’s old ones), and isn’t as short (I really can’t get away with wearing skirts that short!).
Anyway, don’t you just love it? I think it’s perfect for the heat and how casual I’m feeling today
Here’s how you can make your own:
- Cut your shirt from arm pit to arm pit
- Serge or zig zag stitch the raw edge to neaten it up.
- Fold over by 1 1/2″ and sew 1/4″ from the serged edge, leaving a 2″ gap at one of the side seams.
- Cut 1″ wide elastic so that it is 4″ shorter than your waist measurement.
- Thread the elastic through the gap.
- Sew the ends of the elastic together.
- Sew up the hole you left… and you’re done!
Lace trim tank: Gap
Skirt: Refashioned from one of Hubby’s old shirts
Boat shoes: Ralph Lauren, via Younkers
Necklace: Vintage via Etsy